Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

To my beautiful wife on Mother’s Day


I have had a hard time thinking of what to give you for Mother’s Day. I know I am not looking for a gift for a woman who has everything, but I have been looking for a gift for a woman who IS everything. You are kind, smart, beautiful, patient, funny, and full of love for all who know you. I am constantly amazed at your ability to be a friend to anyone you meet. Your willingness to forgive me of all I have done to hurt you astounds me on a daily basis.

As I have been thinking about what to give you for Mother’s Day this year, the only thing that made any sense to me was to give you my heart. I cannot promise to never hurt you again (I am too weak for that), but I can promise that I will continue to try to improve.

You know that I am not a man of many words, I prefer to be the one on the sidelines observing, but I do want you to know that I love you more than anything else in this world. I love you for being a wonderful wife and mother. I love you for being a friend to all you meet. I love you for your willingness to quickly serve those in need without being asked. I love you for your ability to be kind and thoughtful of others even when you are not feeling well yourself. I love you for loving me even after everything I have put you through. I love you for your ability to see more in me than I see in myself. I love you for the woman you are and for the woman you are still becoming.

You inspire me each day. You represent all that I wish I could be. I hope that someday I will be able to do as much for you as you have done for me.

1 comment: